Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I never...

Driving home from work & school yesterday afternoon, the words "I never" sparked a conversation between my 16 yr old & I. She was lamenting the fact that she had never been to a concert. And the fact that I have been to more than one, forget the fact that I'm THIRTY EIGHT YEARS OLD, is Not Fair. Also disregard the fact that this is the same child that has been to New York City, and I have not. She's been to Disney World, TWICE, and I have not. She went on a cruise when she was 12 years old. Ok, I was with her, but I sure as hell wasn't 12.

(side note: I'm a huge list maker; this knowledge will come in handy in a minute)

Where was I going with all this? Oh yes, I never. Instead of thinking of all the things she has done, I started thinking of things I haven't done. And want to. And intend to.

Which brings about this:

Things I've Never Done, But Intend To Do (snappy title, huh? I'm a clever monkey!)

-Go to New York City
-Attend a Wine Tasting
-Have an Adults Only Roller Skating Party
-Take a Cake Decorating Class
-Punch Giada De Laurentiis in the face
-Take a vacation, all by myself
-Go to the movies alone
-Watch It's A Wonderful Life
-Defriend all the people on Facebook that I don't give a rat's ass about, including all the dumbasses from high school that don't even remember me
-Go to England and drive on the wrong side of the street
-Banish Hey Soul Sister from existence
-Own a Volkswagen Beetle
-Speak fluent Spanish
-Have LASIK
-Learn the correct words to Benny & the Jets
-Make a quilt
-Kick a clown in the crotch (don't hate, clowns are EVIL)
-Sing karaoke


Have you ever? What have you never?

24 comments:

  1. I totally want to go to an all adult roller skate party! Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good bucket list. Why? Because some of the things you can do right away...I especially liked the Facebook thing...I am putting that on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm. I don't know who Giada Whatever is but that is my favorite. :) I definitely want to take a vacation all by myself! That would be H. E. A. V. E. N. I would also like to have LASIK. I have sung karaoke, it's pretty fun. oh yah. NEW YORK CITY is at the top of my list as well!! I want to go on a cruise with some friends someday, go to Hawaii, Europe, hm, that is all I can think of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's go to NY City and then leave on a cruise!

      Delete
  4. "But intend to do." That part of the title makes all the difference as there are plenty of things I'd like to do but know I won't like learning Spanish. I have no ear for foreign languages so I know that won't happen. So my partial list:

    Go to New York City
    Go to Washington DC
    Watch any movie in which Christina Hendricks appears nude
    Get a short story published
    Publish a picture book for children

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hell, I'd like to watch a movie where Christina Hendricks appears nude!

      Delete
  5. lol @ David Christina Hendricks comment

    I've never:

    Been crossed the Atlantic Ocean. I want to go to England, Spain, and many other over there places.

    published a novel. I'm working on it. Getting closer.


    http://www.facebook.com/lance.burson

    by the way....you can me me and the blog over on the facebook, now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Done! I'd also like to go to Spain. But I have not talent or patience for writing a novel. :)

      Delete
  6. You forgot to add, "Visit Tony when I go to NY City".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Completely inspiring! I think I may have to steal your idea and start one of my own.
    Hey.. I'll do the wine tasting with you.. I love to do that!!
    Come vacation in SoCal and we will hit up all the wineries along the coast

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be so much fun! We could tear it up!

      Delete
  8. I have the skating, cake decorating,wine tasting, quilt, & karaoke. Lol!But then... I do have 2 years on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You forgot "Go to the Mall of America to meet Nobody™ in June."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How could I forget that one? That would be so much fun!

      Delete
  10. From your above list, I've done the following:

    -Go to New York City
    -Attend a Wine Tasting
    -Take a vacation, all by myself
    -Go to the movies alone
    -Watch It's A Wonderful Life
    -Own a Volkswagen Beetle
    -Learn the correct words to Benny & the Jets
    -Sing karaoke

    When i visit, we'll go sing "Benny & The Jets" at a karaoke bar, drive there in a Beetle and then drink wine and call it tasting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Count me in with SoCalSunbeam, I just might have to steal this idea for a post of my own! Get up to NYC and Veronica and I will be your tour guides

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I get there, I'm definitely calling y'all!

      Delete
  12. Love your list! I think I need to come up with my own list. I own two old VW Beetles, they are a coolio little car, unfortunately my blue one caught on fire when I was driving it. I definitely think its important to do things for yourself. Last year I decided to learn to ride a scooter & then went on to get my motorcycle license. I have Sir Elton on my iPod and love singing along to Benny & the jets. I would love to go to an adult roller skating party that would be so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Come to Cali, I'll teach you how to quilt. :)

    ReplyDelete