Thursday, January 19, 2012

Don't call it a comeback...

According to the Universe, I'm a douchebag. I pithily commented on Twitter yesterday that I didn't have a blog to black out to protest SOPA/PIPA. Within 5 minutes, a text message appeared on my trusty iPhone : "But you do have a blog. LINK."

I felt as if I'd been smacked with a stupid stick. HOLY BALLS, I have a blog! It's only been a year and a half since I've posted anything. And this blog was supposed to be my foray back into writing. Which was supposedly missed so much after a long (much-needed) absence. I posted a handful of times, and then discarded it like last night's empty wine bottle.

Have I really become that lazy? That I can't even write a post once in a while to remember what I used to love? That typing more than 140 characters is just too much? That the instant gratification of Twitter is nothing compared to the soul-baring power of the blogosphere?

The answer is simple: Yes.

Yes, I am that lazy. Yes, typing >140 characters CAN be too much. Yes, Twitter validates my need to feel heard in that moment. But yet, reading back on the prior posts I feel that pull. That longing of not having to Tetris my words into a tweet, making them fit just so into that 140 character form.

I make no promises. But I'm gonna try...

-qop

19 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad :-) I went to post a link to an old blog post of mine the other day and realized the last new one was April 2011 -- before that? November of 2010. I'll comment on yours so you HAVE to write more. I'm evil like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do! I need some ass kicking once in a while. :)

      Delete
  2. Huh... I never knew you had a blog. Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a better person than I -- I miss blogging but can't seem to get myself back into it. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why that didn't come in as me. Weird...

      Delete
    2. We'll see how long it lasts. This could be my swan song. Heh.

      Delete
  4. I totally get that. I go months in between posts sometimes, and then write a bunch at once. It happens - don't be hard on yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least now when I think of something, I can't say "If I had a blog..."

      Delete
  5. welcome back to the blogosphere...which is blogger for writing something every once in a while

    I hope this becomes habit for you. Writing every day keeps me from holding hostages.

    Hi blogging sister....neurotic fist bump

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had no clue you had a blog. Since I've followed you and Twitter, I've always seen you as a wine drinking, swearing queen that doesn't take shit from anyone.

    I'll have to gander over here to see what your musings are all about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My musings don't amount to a hill of beans. But, it's me. :)

      Delete
  7. Yay! One more forum where I can be your minion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had no idea...Kudos to you. Now I follow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! Now you can laugh at me along with the other few people. :)

      Delete